1. OWNERSHIP. Except for items in the public domain, the information and all other materials comprising the Website (collectively, the “Materials”), are wholly owned by (or licensed to) Green Madison and/or its content providers. The Website contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information. Green Madison owns a copyright in the selection, coordination and arrangement of the Website. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Materials without the written permission of Green Madison or such other party that may own the Materials.
2. USE OF WEBSITE. Except for your non-commercial personal use, the Website may not, in whole or in part, be sold, reproduced, published or redistributed in any medium, directly or indirectly, for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. Unauthorized use of the Website and/or the Materials, in whole or in part, may violate applicable intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the Materials. The use of the Materials on any other website or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
By uploading or otherwise submitting a file or other information (”Contribution”) to the Website, you automatically grant, or warrant that the copyright owner of the Contribution has expressly granted, to Green Madison a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publicly display, modify, store, create derivative works from, and/or distribute the Contribution (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any medium now known or hereafter developed, as if the Contribution were public domain information. You similarly permit any Internet user to download, store, manipulate, view, print and display the Contribution for that user’s personal use.
3. AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use the Website and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of the Website. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of the Website by you and those using your login information.
4. ACCOUNT ACCESS. You agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the integrity of your online account access user ID and password. You further agree to only establish online account access for your own account(s) or for those accounts to which you have been granted express permission to access. Green Madison is not liable for damages or losses incurred by either the account owner or the user in the event that a user establishes account access to an account which is not his/hers and for which he/she has not been granted permission to access by the account owner.
6. NO WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the downloading and/or use of files, data or other material (including software) obtained through the Website. Green Madison strives to ensure the accuracy of the information presented on the Website, however, due to circumstances beyond Green Madison’s control we cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information. For this reason, neither Green Madison nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units or content providers can guarantee the accuracy, truthfulness or reliability of any information provided on or by means of the Website.
THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREON IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, AND NEITHER GREEN MADISON NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, BUSINESS UNITS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THE LIKE MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE USABILITY, CONDITION OR OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIALS. No oral advice or written information given to you by Green Madison or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, employees, agents, or the like shall create any warranty. Neither Green Madison nor any of its content providers, agents, or the like warrants that access to, or use of, the Website will be uninterrupted, virus-free, or error-free, or that the Website (including, without limitation, any content on the Website) will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. GREEN MADISON, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, BUSINESS UNITS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND THE LIKE, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND/OR REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, REASONABLE CARE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT GREEN MADISON KNOWS, HAS REASON TO KNOW, HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR IS OTHERWISE IN FACT AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE), IN EACH INSTANCE IN RESPECT OF THE WEBSITE. FURTHERMORE, GREEN MADISON, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, BUSINESS UNITS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND THE LIKE, HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THE WEBSITE.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Green Madison and all of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, agents and the like, in each instance will not be liable for (a) any damages of any kind including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential and/or special damages, arising out of your use of, or inability to use, the Website, and you hereby waive any claims with respect thereto, whether based on contractual, tort or other grounds, even if Green Madison has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and/or (b) damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any file, in each instance whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. For further clarity, in all events, Green Madison and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, licensors, agents and the like shall not be liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users of the Internet. Some jurisdictions do not allow implied warranties to be excluded or modified or liability to be limited, so not all of the above limitations may apply to you.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify Green Madison and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, content providers, licensors, agents and the like, in each instance from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees), and/or damages arising out of claims based upon your use of the Website including, without limitation, any claim of libel, defamation, violation of legal rights of others (including rights of privacy or publicity), loss of service by other subscribers and/or infringement of intellectual property or other rights.
9. LINKS. The Website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Green Madison. Such links are provided for your reference only. Green Madison does not control such websites and is not responsible for their contents. Green Madison makes no representation or warranty regarding any other websites or the contents or materials on such websites. The Website’s inclusion of links to other websites does not imply Green Madison’s endorsement of the material on the websites or any association with their operators. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link thereto, should be directed to the particular service or resource.
15. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICES. All contents of the Website are Copyright © 2015 Green Madison and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved. Product and company names mentioned in the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the Website for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Registration Information. Registration may be necessary to use certain areas of the Website. When you register at the Website, we ask you for a few items of personal information. All of this information is used to deliver a more personal and pertinent experience for users of the Website.
2. WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION. Green Madison collects the information described above via the Website. In the case of third-party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Green Madison is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
3. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED. In General. Green Madison uses registration information to learn more about how visitors use the Website and to measure areas of interest. This allows Green Madison to build features and functionality that will enhance your Website experience. Green Madison may also use your email address to send you information about new features and services, to share information about energy conservation programs and to provide you with conservation tips, or to send you information about special offers from Green Madison’s partners, unless you indicate on the registration screen that you do not wish to receive this type of information.
Unrelated Companies. Green Madison occasionally shares limited customer information with companies we hire to provide operational, marketing, or advertising support, companies that help us distribute our products and services, or companies that provide products and services we want to offer. The companies we choose must satisfy our security and privacy requirements. We share your information with these companies only if they agree to treat it confidentially and only if it is legally permissible to do so. We limit the information we provide these companies to what we reasonably believe they need to know in connection with their agreement with Green Madison and we don’t permit them to use our customer information for any purposes outside our oversight or control.
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. We may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if we have to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe us.
4. CHOICES IN THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. At the time of registration, you may be given a choice whether you want to receive information about new features, events, offers and special coverage on the Website and about special offers from Green Madison’s partners. When you register, you must click in a box if you do not want to receive either type of information. Unless you affirmatively choose not to receive these materials, your registration information may be used to send you this information. You may later opt out of receiving such information.
It is important to know that you may inadvertently provide personally identifiable information to third parties through your postings to an online forum or participation in a chat session and we have no way to limit their use of the information you may provide. Please keep in mind that, whenever you give out personal information online (for example, in forums, message boards or chat sessions), any of that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While we strive to protect our users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you voluntarily disclose online. Your disclosure in that manner is at your own risk.
6. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Green Madison will not knowingly collect or accept personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian’s prior consent. Green Madison will also allow the parent or guardian of a registered user under the age of 13 to review, update, change, delete or refuse to permit further collection of any and all information collected by the Website. A child’s personally identifiable information will be treated with the same care and respect as an adult’s information. To change, update, review, delete or refuse to permit further collection of your child’s information, please email Green Madison at .
8. HOW YOU MAY CHANGE, CORRECT YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. If you want to change, correct, update or delete your registration information, please email Green Madison at . This provision applies only to registration information collected via the Website.
9. SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that Green Madison will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.